Please note these details are subject to amendment
All participating clubs must advise the Registration Desk of the contact phone number of a club member who will be present the whole day.
Entries will close at noon on Saturday July 13th
Senior and Masters’ events, Saturday 20th July 2019
- Senior and Masters’ events are held over an 850m downstream course.
- Racing will be held from approximately 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Regatta will be run in morning and afternoon divisions as shown below.
- All events are offered separately as open events or women’s events, and with mixed events.
- Masters’ events will be handicapped, see under.
|MASTERS MIXED||4 a||8 p|
|SENIOR||O & W||1x||2x||2-||4x-||4-||4+||8+|
|MASTERS||O & W||1x a||2x p||2 a||4x a||4 p||4+ a||8+ p|
|JUNIOR under-18||O & W||1x p||2x p||4x a||4 a||8x p|
|Entry fee £||13||26||26||52||52||52||104|
Entries are invited for all the events listed above.
Our general approach for the boat types shown will be to form a “Novice” event (for crews with low RP totals) and a “Regatta” event for the remainder – with possibly a “Senior” event if the RP profile justifies it. However, we firmly believe that the groupings should produce racing which is both fair and competitive and so we expect to form events of at least 4 or 5 reasonably well-matched crews; as a result it is possible that your entry may not be accepted into an event if its RP total is outside viable event ranges. Acceptance of this is implicit in making an entry.
It is intended that there will be Morning and Afternoon sessions of racing. If a Senior boat type results in two events, there will be one in each session. If there are three events, they will be allocated so that the central one is in the opposite session to the other two. With this in mind, requests for doubling are invited but only on the clear understanding that they will be granted ONLY if the events involved are in different sessions.
Masters events will be held in either morning or afternoon sessions according to the “a” and “p” markers above. NOTE – all Masters events will be arranged solely on the basis of age/letter handicaps, as has been the case in previous years. Doubling in Masters events is permitted provided the events entered are in different sessions.
J18 events will be held in either morning or afternoon sessions, according to the ‘a’ and ‘p’ markers above. Doubling in these events is only permitted if the events entered are in different sessions.
In respect of mixed and Masters events, your attention is drawn to the BR Rules of Racing, section 4.
- All entries are subject to the conditions of entry (see below)
- There are special entry criteria for events for Garrick Doubles (see below)
Junior events (J11 to J16), Sunday 21st July 2019
- Junior events are held over a 500m downstream course.
- Racing will be held from approximately 9am to 5pm.
- Racing will be held in three waves of racing, each comprising one open and one girls event in a particular class of boat.
- The precise organisation of the waves will be decided at the time of the draw.
- Entries are welcomed for the classes listed below
- Depending on the numbers of entries received, the events may be sub-divided.
- All events are offered separately as open and girls events.
- All entries are subject to the conditions of entry (see below)
- All competitors must be BR Registered.
- Doubling between age groups is done entirely at the competitors’ own risk.
- Events at J11 may be combined into mixed events dependent on the number of entries. (Any mixed crew entries will be placed in the open (Boys) event if separate events are held.)
- In events where there are fewer than 4 entries, crews may be moved up an age group unless there is a specific request not to do so on the entry form. [Providing the crew still qualifies against British Rowing rule 2-3 (d)]
- Trebling up is not permitted.
- If the regatta is over subscribed, entries will be reduced using a number of criteria: however all competitors will be guaranteed one race.
Explore Rowing Saturday 20th July 2019
At the time of writing it has not yet been decided whether to include an Explore event. Explore clubs are being consulted.
- Explore Rowing events will be held in coxed quads.
- Boats will be supplied by the Regatta and crews must be BR registered adult explore rowing members.
- Crews may be men, mixed or women without handicap.
- This event is being run as part of the Explore League.
- Entries must be made and paid for by the closing date, and may be sent in by e-mail, containing names, contact details and British Rowing numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to MAR Secretary 22 Vine Road East Molesey KT8 9LA.
- Race fees are the same as Seniors, and should be paid to 20-90-56 40677833 with a narrative of ‘EXPLORE your Club’, or by cheque sent with your entry form.
- The C W Kent Trophy (Victor Ludorum) will be awarded on each day of the Regatta to the Clubs which gain the most points on that day, as follows:
- Winners of each eights event – 3 points
- Winners of each fours or quads events – 2 points
- Winners of each doubles, pairs or singles events – 1 point
- This event is an open double scull event.
- The crew must contain one person who has fewer than a total of 100 ranking points across both disciplines at the time entries close. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that the person’s (Rowing PRI max plus Sculling PRI Max) totals fewer than 100 on the day that entries close.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entries are accepted subject to the Rules of Molesey Amateur Regatta but competitors should also note the following points:
- The number of races on Saturday will be limited to approximately 150.
- Entries must be paid before crews will be entered into the Draw, or good reason given.
- Fees must be fully paid and boats in safe condition to obtain boat numbers on the day. Please note that crews withdrawn after the draw must pay full entry fees.
- No refunds will be made for entries withdrawn after the closing time for entries.
- If the Regatta is cancelled or curtailed because of weather conditions or other reasons outside the Regatta’s control, a proportionate refund will be made taking account of costs incurred.
- The Committee can accept no responsibility for competitors boats and equipment and competitors leaving boats and equipment at the Regatta site do so at their own responsibility.
SPECIAL NOTE RE TRAILERS
- Trailers may NOT be left on the regatta site overnight, following an incident in 2014.
- By arrangement with the Regatta Secretary trailers may be left in the Molesey Boat Club compound.
- Payment may be made either through BROE, by bank transfer to the Regatta or by cheque posted to the Regatta Secretary c/o 22 Vine Road East Molesey KT8 9LA.
- The Regatta bank account is Molesey Amateur Regatta 20-90-56 40677833.